Today has not gone as planned. I woke up today and went to the gym as I usually do on a Saturday morning. I was on the Elliptical for 30 minutes and then the Treadmill for 15 minutes. The morning was going well. I then went to the Leg Press and did my typical three sets and then went over to the Incline Bench. I did my first set on the incline bench and at about rep 7 of the second set I began to feel dizzy. So I stopped. I could tell that I was going to pass out so I laid back on the incline bench and put my hands up on the part you push up so I could steady myself so I wouldn’t fall over when I passed out. Then all of a sudden there were people around me asking me if I was ok. I could hear a number of people. I tried to say I was ok, but I couldn’t say anything. I tried to move and I couldn’t move. Someone kept asking me if I was ok and I was finally able to move my hands after what seemed like maybe a minute. They asked me to squeeze their hand if I could hear them so I squeezed their hand. I then opened my eyes. I heard someone say, “He is opening his eyes”. But everything was black. I couldn’t see anything. So I closed my eyes. I just sat their on the incline bench. Someone or more than one person stayed there with me asking me questions until I was able to actually say something verbally. I was able to tell them my name and what my wife’s phone number was. They gym had called the paramedics that arrived soon after (my gym is actually in the parking lot of the hospital).

By the time the paramedics arrived I was feeling significantly better. I was able to almost stand on my own to get onto their stretcher. They checked my blood sugar almost immediatley and they told me my blood sugar was 114 which was good. I was glad to hear this since there is a history of diabetes in my family and I am not wanting to become diabetic. They also checked my blood pressure it was really low, but I don’t remember them telling me a specific number.

The paramedics got me into the ambulance and drove through the parking lot to deliver to me to the Emergency Room. I hung out in the Emergency room for about 4 hours before they decided to admit me. They took 4 viles of blood (which my body didn’t seem to want to let out), numerous blood pressure tests, an ECG and some other random tests. None came back showing any problems so they decided to admit me for further observation.

I am currently writing this from Room 367 at the Cape Coral Hospital hanging out with my wife watching the Patriots play the Jaguars.

Tomorrow I will be meeting a cardiologist for a stress test and possibly a neurologist, so expect some more updates soon. If any friends or family are finding out about this from my blog, I apologize. I do have my cell phone with me so you can call if you would like, I hope to be out of here by the end of the day tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted.